A Little Bit About Me
Hello! My name is Archie Makuwa. I am a
freelance full-time web developer living in Johannesburg, South Africa. To read me more about what I do, my skills levels and what I get up to on a daily basis, please follow this url: http://www.aatsol.co.za/ Since June 2012, I moved down to Cape Town and joined a small team of dedicated developers at a small company called Datonomy (Pty) Ltd. I recently joined a team of very innovative nerds at iLogic, in Sandton.
What I do on my spare time:
If not busy, then I am probably:
- Meeting up with fellow developers at a hackathon somewhere,
- Or messing around with code,
Or even possibly hiking somewhere in the beautiful mother city (Cape Town)Grilling my delicate skin in my hometown of Glen Cowie in Limpopo
Archie / Aatsol and Entrepreneurship; what is the relationship?
In case you were wondering, I am the same Archie that founded Archie’s Advanced Technology Solutions (Aatsol 2007 ~ 2011). The company was sold to Ultrahint Consulting (Pty) Ltd towards the end of 2011.
- Content Management Systems: Drupal, WordPress & Joomla!
- Php & MySql
- Html (4 & 5)
- CSS (2 & 3)
- Responsive Design
- eCommerce setup
- JQuery (still learning and breaking things)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- CPanel (Hosting and configuration)
- Server configuration
- Technical Stuff (it used to be my daily job)
- And making coffee…
I never forget where I came from. Apparently the key to success in life is exactly that – never forgetting where you came from. I contribute to the following international and national organizations in all ways possible (time, financial contribution, content, etc).
- www.nydt.co.za – Ntirhisano Youth Development Trust
- www.rhok.org – Random Hacks of Kindness (Global hackathon to assist communities facing technology crisis).
- www.ypf.co.za – An online Young Professionals Forum
- www.pixel8ed.co.za – Online resource sharing for developers and designers that I follow
- www.difela.co.za - Online hymns / difela
- www.xaveri.org – Xaveri Movement South Africa (currently revamping the website)